Go,See,Talk would like to thank Olive at Movie News First for getting us involved in this latest Meme (trust us, our delay does not constitute reluctance or ill will). As always we’re happy to be part of whatever the cool kids are doing:)
So now to the expository specifics of this cool little Meme: The Happy 101 Award and the idea is to share the things that bring you joy. OK sounds simple enough. Here goes!!
1. Hands down, my wife…aka Mrs. Go See Talk. She makes me happy 24/7 and makes it all worth it;)
2. Movies obviously…otherwise I wouldn’t have G-S-T and further not be completing this Meme.
3. Movie hopping. My personal best was 6 movies in one day. One of those movies was Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers…yeah that was a long day:P As Hatter considers that stealing, my stance is that when I go to the movies, I don’t just buy admission to the movie in question but to the whole theater (granted I don’t hit up new releases the night they open and take seats from paying customers, that is evil after all). But I mean, once you’re past the teenager ripping tickets it’s like an amusement park; ride all the rides you want and then go home satisfied.
4. Playing guitar. Great way to get over a tough day (well that and Scotch) and it’s pretty fun staying up with friends til about 5am just having an impromptu jam session. Man, I wish I did that more often.
5. Looking at old pictures from my childhood or college years. Oh the folly of youth…but at least my pants fit better.
6. While I consider myself a movie buff, there are a small number of TV shows that are so well crafted I find that I can put up with commercials (something I vehemently detest) to see how the show ends. I just love and am a huge fan of House M.D., Lost and Justified. They make me happy especially when I buy a season and the Misses and I watch it all over a weekend; exhausting but satisfying.
7. Watching my dogs play and see them get excited when either myself or my wife gets home from work. Talk about your cheap entertainment. Ah yes, the joy and worry-free peace of mind that comes from knowing I don’t have to put either of them through college:P
8. I get a kick out of pulling out random movie quotes when the occasion calls for it. Usually if I time it right, it can get some laughs…other times it makes me look like some weird guy who talks to himself:(
9. Traveling abroad. So far my International Score Card is as follows. Japan: 3 trips. Australia: 1 trip. Man I hope to get a few more places stamped on my passport before it expires…lotta empty pages left.
10. Talking to friends who don’t live close anymore. It’s always awesome to hear about weddings, kids, new jobs etc. And if you get all three in one conversation, that’s called a hat trick:P
To fulfill my part in this chain mail neat little exercise I must burden pass this on to 10 fellow bloggers. But seeing as that I am so late to get to the table, everyone I know has gotten this. So it looks like I’m obligation free (whew). Cheap way out: Check. Had fun doing this: Double Check. Thanks Olive!!