Go,See,Talk would like to thank Ruth @ Flixchatter for picking us (well, me) in this latest “meme”. I admire her work and think it is very flattering that she felt like we deserved this. So let me try my best to make her proud:)
Thank the person who gave you this award (see above)
Share 7 things about yourself (see below)
Pass the award along to 15 who you have recently discovered and who you think fantastic for whatever reasons! (see way below)
Contact the blogs you picked and let them know about the award.
So…here are 7 things about me that I didn’t divulge during the last MeMe:
- My favorite movie of all time is without a doubt Casablanca. That’s the sophisticated answer I give when I’m at dinner parties…if I’m around my friends and fellow movie lover knuckleheads, I say Big Trouble in Little China. Hey, they’re both equal in my eyes…and now the ridicule starts;)
- If I could meet any film personality alive or dead it would be Cary Grant. No one else before or after has come close to having the style, flair, and all around charisma (dramatic or comedic) that he just exudes so effortlessly.
- As a kid, my favorite movie was The Dark Crystal…I was fascinated by it until I found out it was all just puppets. Oh, who am I kidding? I am still fascinated by it. Can’t wait for the sequel!!
- I am in the middle of writing a book that I would love to turn into a screenplay. Just like everything I’ve ever started, it’s a work in progress, and these days, with a job, a mortgage, a wife and two dogs, progress is sloooow:(
- There’s only been two times in my whole life that I’ve ever seen a movie more than once in the theater: Hollow Man and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Not great movies by any means but they’re fun as hell, especially when going to see them with two different groups of friends.
- My first movie crush was on Kim Cattrall in Mannequin where I don’t think she has ever looked that good. Pity.
- Sometimes I get frustrated trying to write content for Go,See, Talk, and some days I contemplate just shutting the site down. However when those thoughts cross my mind (almost like clockwork) I read an inspiring comment from one of you faithful readers and it turns me right around! So for that I thank you all:)
So now the “quid pro quo” part of the Meme…boy, thanks for picking everyone else Ruth…who’s left?:P Oh, what the hell, second round of nominations coming right up:)
The Film Cynics – celebrating Steve’s hard work…and great taste in movies. Hey Steve, any word on the proper BD release of The Island?? I’m getting impatient.
Fandango Groovers – Andy is just the man. The Desert Island DVDs is just a small sampling of how awesome he is. Also, Andy, I just saw Fandango and LOVED IT…your site and that Gravatar pic…it all makes sense now!!:)
CyniCritics – Consistently great writing guys, can’t wait to read your new stuff…seriously.
Magic Lantern Film – Peter runs a site I have just recently come across and he’s got great taste in film. He also puts together some great topics.
Ross v Ross – Match-ups have never been better paired than at the hands of those two guys…or it is one guy?? I still don’t know:P
Congrats to all, and thanks again to Ruth!!